Wednesday, April 1, 2009

September 22, 2008

What do you say when you really don't have anything to say? Do you follow the advice Thumper's mother gave him - if you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all? I'm not sure, but I've been thinking about it today because I don't have anything to say!! No words of (semi)wisdom. No stories to share. Tales to tell. I always pray and ask God to give me whatever He might want me to share with y'all in any given week, but this week He's not sending me any signals. Hmmm... maybe that in itself is a sign?

I've got a few disjointed things running around in my brain about taking things on faith. About making situations work, whether your heart is in them or not. But it's all a mish mash of stuff. So I'll just leave you with the following quotation from Charlie Brown: “If I stand here, I can see the Little Red Haired girl when she comes out of her house... Of course, if she sees me peeking around this tree, she'll think I'm the dumbest person in the world... But if I don't peek around the tree, I'll never see her... Which means I probably am the dumbest person in the world... which explains why I'm standing in a batch of poison oak.”

Yeah, it has nothing to do with anything, but I'll bet it made (some of) you smile.

No comments: