Monday, January 31, 2011

Tattoo you... or rather, me

I have been thinking for the past week or so that I neglected to share my news here on my blog! I got... a new tattoo!  Yes, yes, I can tell you are all soooo super excited, right? LOL Well, this post is mostly for those not on Facebook (well, it's really for some friends who read another blog I have and when I link this post over to them, then they can see the new tattoo... confused yet? Yeah, me too...) because the good Lord knows I was micro-blogging about the whole thing on FB when I got it done a week ago Saturday. Complete with pictures of the tatt in progress!  And a friend asking me if my arm/shoulder was my boob. Sheesh.  Although, for informational purposes, I did learn that they call those "tit tatts". I swear I laughed myself silly over that one.  I'm so easy. But I'm not cheap, no matter what rumors you've heard!

This was tattoo #4 and I already have an idea of what #5  will be. I never would have thought of myself as a multi-tattoo person, but it appears that I am.  And I never would have thought I'd get a tattoo on my arm, but it appears that I did.  That's just how I roll.  And how my mother, God rest her soul, rolls repeatedly in her grave every time they ink me up.

Fortunately, I had a partner in crime in my friend Susan, who was also getting her fourth tattoo. I think it was her fourth.  Might have been fifth cause she's a wild woman like that. We set off on Saturday afternoon too check out a local tattoo shop that had been recommended to me by the owner's mother.  We liked what we saw, they gave Susan a good price on the tattoo design she came in with - yours truly just picked somewhat at random cause I'm crazy like that  - and we were off and running.  And afraid we'd be screaming because as I recall, my 3rd tattoo hurt like Hades.  I was expecting a lot of pain this time around and was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't that painful. Plus, being on my arm, I could watch the process which was cool too.

So here you have a little tattoo pictorial, save for the one on my ankle of a pig because it seems that I do not have a photo of that tattoo.  We'll save that excitement for another day.

Tattoo #1, chosen at random in a tattoo parlor in NC.  I went in with a vague idea of what I wanted and found this dragonfly instead.  This is on my right shoulder.

Tattoo #3, on my lower, left hip. This was taken about a day after I got it and it's faded a bit since then. Hurt like Hades too when they were doing it, so I'm not sure I am brave enough to ever get it touched up!  I might cry like a girl. Which is ok I guess since I am a girl.

And my new baby. Which is, oddly, basically what I thought I would get back when I got my first one. Not this exactly, but I had thought about a crescent moon and a star. And no, it's not the Turkish flag, as I have been asked. But it is similar.  Not my intent though.


Well there you have it. A little tattoo tour if you will.  As I said earlier, I have an idea of what I want for #5, but I'm not sure of location. I don't think I want to have tattoos on both of my arms and the ankle hurt like the dickens, so anything on bone is out.  Plus I don't think I want to have both shoulders tattooed, but we'll play it by ear. I think it'll be a while before I get another one.  If I don't wait a while I'll end up covered in the things because they really are addictive. 

2 comments:

princessapr said...

Nice! I kind of go back and forth about wanting one, but I never know what I'd want on me forever and I'm not a huge fan of pain (though I'm not bad about tolerating big pain, just not like papercuts).

I think the new one reminds me of the Relay for Life logo a little.

Shannon said...

Just get something on your back that you never have to see. LOL The one on my arm really did not hurt that much. Not like I expected from the one on my hip years ago or the one on my ankle.

It does kinda look like that Relay logo!