Sunday, March 29, 2009

Missing Pieces or Missing Peace?

This is another in a series of posts so I can archive some of the things I've sent to the Singles ministry folks at my church.

August 11, 2008

I once met a plumber named Jack who, while working on my dripping shower and answering my questions, said something I have remembered and used quite frequently since then: "I don't have issues, I have a full subscription." Well, ain't that the truth!! I have enough issues for at least THREE full subscriptions let me assure you.

One in particular is at the top of my list these days (and many of you have heard about it ad nauseum so I won't rehash the boring details) and I can't get it out of my head. I've had a few discussions on perspective in the past week and it all has me thinking about how situations look so different to different people. What is horrible to me is looking great to someone else, but they are on the outside and I am on the inside. Or vice versa. We all decorate our prison cells differently I suppose.

A little perspective came to me yesterday listening to Pastor Clay. I'd been ruminating on the idea that there is a missing piece to my current puzzle that I just can't seem to locate and yet I know it is right in front of my face. It's like having amnesia or something and I simply can't connect the dots. Needless to say, I'm so Type A that it is driving me insane. Desperation is an ugly thing my friends (and so is Marilyn Manson...I'm just saying...)

But yesterday a thought played through my head - is there a piece missing or are you missing peace? So simple and yet so very profound for me. I'm struggling with it mightily I assure you because finding peace and contentment is not something I do easily, if it all. (I moved 4 times in less than 3 years once upon a time.) Clearly, here is one of the issues in my subscription and I'm thinking God isn't going to refund my money just because one of the issues isn't my favorite.

So here's to finding peace and any missing pieces. And heck, maybe even some Reese's Pieces if that's up your alley. Peace out!

No comments: