Wednesday, July 6, 2016

All of life's riddles are answered in the movies


It's been what seems like a lifetime since I saw the movie Grand Canyon. In the theater, no less. It
was released in 1991, so that means around sophomore year of college. I watched a lot of movies in college. Hell, that's probably how I know most of my college friends - from the program board, specifically the film committee. But I'm getting off track. As usual.

The one thing that stood out to me from that movie was this quote by Steve Martin's character, "Davis": "That's part of your problem: you haven't seen enough movies. All of life's riddles are answered in the movies."

I don't know how true that is, but some days it seems like my life is a series of movie quotes or video clips that race through my head at breakneck speed, for no apparent reason. Ladies and gentlemen, I present you with a look inside my brain. Oddly enough, Kevin Kline plays a bigger role than I realized.










No comments: