Wednesday, August 7, 2013

What do you mean Jake Ryan isn't real?!?

Last night, I realized that Jake Ryan isn't real.

I'm nearly 42-years-old.

I'm also kinda slow. *grin*

Sixteen Candles was on and, as always, when it airs I find it necessary to stop and watch.  I come from the 80s. It's what we women do when we were girls in the 80s.  I think it's genetically programmed into my DNA or something.

Watching out of habit, I slowly became disinterested and changed channels to...something. I'm not really sure what.  This surprised me.  Is it possible that *gasp* I've finally outgrown Jake Ryan?!?! Say it isn't so!! 

Oh, I know Jake Ryan isn't real.  No one ever wants to admit it, but we know it. Heck, there have been articles written about it.  I was sad that I couldn't even muster up the usual enthusiasm or enjoyment when watching the final scene.  Oh-so-swoonworthy in my younger years, I could only think, "Yeah, that would never happen in real life."

*sigh*  I hate those moments.  Those grown-up moments.  Sort of like how I got really excited when my orthopaedic flip flops arrived from Zappos.com today.  The times, they are a'changin'. 

Farewell Jake Ryan, you perfect boy/boyfriend from the 80s.  I will miss you so...*whispering* but I'll probably still come back to visit you now and then.

No comments: